What to do with too-ripe strawberries?
The easiest jam recipe in the world!
- Place small plate in the freezer.
- Chop up your strawberries into small pieces and place in saucepan. Add in a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a simmer, then add a few spoonfuls of sugar. Mash with potato masher. Taste and add more sugar until you get it to your desired sweetness. Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Simmer about 10 minutes, until a small smear of jam on the cold plate thickens immediately and doesn't run down the plate. Enjoy the aroma and try not to eat too much of it while cooking.
- Can or just place in the refrigerator (make sure you eat it up in a few weeks).